Search This Blog

Monday, November 4, 2013

My Beloved Mother

**I would like to thank my mother, Jane Holt for, A) Leaving her blogging account logged in, and B) for being a marvelous mother.**

She has raised me to become an independent human being,
something I believe our world greatly lacks.

She has shown me how to live my life in a positive manner,
ignoring the dark clouds that seem so apparent in your teenage years.

She has guided me with open arms and a heart full of warmth,
to the distant lands where flowering marigolds grow as far as the eye can see.

She has protected me under her feathered wings,
which stretch to cover over the farthest seas where the great herons feed.

With that, I thank you Mom, for all that you do.

Love,
Allison Holt

1 comment:

  1. Allison, as mother's go, you probably won the lottery! Not only is your mom a really great person, but probably the best role model a young woman could ask for. You’re very lucky to get to call her mom. However, I would bet she would say that she is the lucky one to call you her daughter. Beautiful words Allison- Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete