Search This Blog

Monday, September 27, 2010

Reunited, And It Feels So Good!

September 27, 2010

Who’da thunk that “normal” would ever become the next “cool”? Who’da thunk that the lack of stories would turn out to be the story?

But that’s exactly what happened at my 30th reunion last weekend. Much to the disappointment of my lunch mates, it was just good, old-fashioned fun and not one person left with his tail between his legs. Or anyone else’s tail, for that matter.

To sum it up and to cause Julius Caesar to suffer a slight seizure while I’m at it, we came. We saw. We concurred. And, I gotta tell you, it felt pretty damned nice.

What’s not to love about Tami covering her table with Lindt chocolates and retirement-aged whiskeys, waving down her classmates to try them together?! Who would ever complain about cracking open a cold beer or enjoying a red wine, courtesy of classmate Sharon’s Pawnee-City vineyard (SchillingBridge, the nation’s first farm winery/microbrewery, open 365 days a year, tours welcome, thank you!)?

To be sure, there was plenty of laughter. And some good-natured ribbing, too. It’s true, for instance, that, at one point, all the graduates of May Morley Elementary School (“Morley Kids CARE!”) might have flipped off their fancier friends who’d gone to Pyrtle Elementary. And it’s possible that someone—and, no, I won’t mention names because it might embarrass Chris—may have had a little gas problem when she’d bent over to put her John Hancock on the class poster.

And let me tell you, farting just never gets old. I left Country Pines in tears following the odiferous outbursts, wondering if I’d be able to drive home safely, not because I’d overdone it, but because I couldn’t get my stinking glasses to defog.

But, really, there aren't that many stories to tell. At least stories that'd end up on the news or plastered on the front page of some two-bit rag. No, it was just a really nice weekend with really nice people.

That's my story and I'm sticking with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment